Party in May to conquer the mobile market, La Poste is a misfortune! The group has attracted 150,000 customers in three months. "We had anticipated 25,000 sales per month, we are at 50,000, is two times more than expected," revealed to Figaro Jacques Rapoport, Deputy Director General of La Poste Group and CEO of La Poste. And if postal workers were starting the first customers, they are now a minority.
This success has also led to stock shortages, some bugs and a saturation of computer centers. "We suffered a bit but it is now settled," said Jacques Rapoport, who is reviewing its objectives and is on the rise now "300,000 to 400,000 customers by the end of the year, against 210,000 originally planned."
No typical profile for the client to the mobile station, which is recruited from all social classes and age.Offers balanced, "there are so many packages with high-end smartphones that prepaid kits. The social package (10 euros for 45 minutes of calls and 60 SMS, Ed) also works well with 10% of sales, "said Jacques Rapoport. "The smaller are welcome here. But we are not the operator of the poor. We are committed to serve all customers. "Finally, subscriptions (most profitable) are in the majority compared to prepaid. Another lesson: while the Post was the first to launch non-binding offers, customers prefer offers mostly sold with a phone and then a commitment.
This initial assessment also confirms the importance played by the network of post offices which carries 75% of sales, the remaining 25% being done by Internet and telephone payday loans online. "They want us to believe that everything is sold on the Internet. This is not reality.Consumers want the closeness and service. Seen in the return of small businesses face the hypermarkets, the return of customers in bank branches. In mobile, our presence throughout is a huge asset, "said Jacques Rapoport.
Hopes in rural areas
And the band accelerates: already in 1000 the largest post offices, the mobile will be distributed in 450 additional offices on 12 September and another 450 in November. It will even be sold in 70 small rural offices in September, they will not physically products, but customers can order and be delivered the next day by Chronopost. While the offices of small towns have sold more mobile than those in larger cities, La Poste Mobile high hopes on rural areas. "At the end 2012, 10,000 post offices will distribute the mobile offering.By itself, the Post will have more outlets that Orange, SFR and Bouygues together, "said Jacques Rapoport. The mobile station will also develop synergies with La Banque Postale, in line with the special youth launched in late August that offers a discount of 40 euros on the price of the mobile.
The mobile station should be profitable in 2013. Both shareholders and SFR Post rub their hands.
»Post launches mobile phone with the SFR
"The Post will run in the mobile May 23